Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mardi Gras Parades

While I was attending the Mardi Gras parade last Saturday with my family and friends, I realized that people do not teach their children manners. Also, parents really do not keep watch over their kids very well.
I had my two children and I tool my friends three girls with me because she was ill. There were also five more adults with us and ten other kids ranging from 2-16.  The whole time we had a watch over our children and made sure that they did not go out of our sight, but I can not say the same for the people around us. We had several children wonder over to where we were and start playing with our kids and later the parents would frantically come looking fro them. I do not understand this.

I also came to the conclusion that parents do not teach their children manners either. Like I said before, we had several children under the age of ten. These kids love to get things off of the floats and love to watch them go by. I had an issue with older kids getting in front of the babies and then taking everything that was thrown their way. I was so furious at these kids, but I managed not to say anything to them. I was there to make sure that the kids had a good time, not to argue and fight with kids and their parents.

1 comment:

  1. I did not attend any parades, but my friends all said the same thing - that the parents were unbelievably ignorant. At least yours were safe.

    ReplyDelete