Tips-- it should be 10% or more! I wished that people that come into restaurants would understand this point. We servers are only making $2.13 an hour and we rely on the tips that we make every night. If you do not have the money to properly tip a server, then you should go through a drive through.
I can understand if the service is not 100% not to tip appropriately, but I give my all in my work and I would appreciate it if you would tip equal to the service that you receive. Also, if you have a gift card or a coupon that does not mean that you can subtract the amount off the bill and then tip with that amount. I served you x amount of dollars in food, whether you pay for it or not you should still tip. I wished that it could be mandatory to tip appropriately on all tickets.
I will get off of my soap box now, just please if you go to a restaurant, please tip appropriately.
Isn't the percentage 15? Or has that been kicked up a notch?
ReplyDeleteK. Smith
Eng. 226
Bobbie, I can totally relate to you!! I am in the restaurant business as well and people just do not get that tipping is crucial! I also give it 100% every time I work and a little more than 15 is always greatly appreciated. So, I totally understand what you mean!
ReplyDeleteKrysta
I certainly can relate also. When I was a server, I dreaded Sundays! The large tables with those in their Sunday best. I hated it when they would leave the little coupons that look like a dollar bill, but is actually a verse on the other side instead of a decent tip. Don't run me, then leave me a worthless piece of paper.
ReplyDelete