I am going to tell you how sneaky kids can be. Last week my daughter was going to eat with some friends, so I gave her $20 to pay for her meal and told her to bring me back the change. When she returned home I was at work and she tried to give it to her dad, but he told her to keep it. I was not aware of this and I had forgotten that I was suppose to get change.
While working Sunday afternoon, I received a text from her asking if I would take her to get some shoes. She said that she had some money and was going to pay for them. I agreed to take her.
Well I took her this afternoon to get the shoes and I thought that I would be nice and buy her another pair that she wanted. I paid with my debit card and she put the money that she had into my purse. On our way to her soccer game I remembered that I never received my change and it got me to thinking. I looked in my purse and she had put $20 in there. My wheels started to turn and I asked her if that was the same money that I gave her to pay for her dinner. She said no and began to laugh. That was the same money!! How sneaky is that. So instead of me just buying her one pair of shoes, I really bought them both. It was a very smart thing for her to do, but very sneaky at the same time.
Hi Bobbie! I love hearing about the funny things kids do... Your blog was very entertaining! I remember loving to get new shoes when I was a kid as they make one feel so dressed up or "cool!"
ReplyDeleteMaria