Saturday, March 19, 2011

One Tired Girl Here

Oh! I so not know how I make it sometimes. With work, school and home life, this past week I have gotten about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. I get up in the morning between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. in order to get my kids ready for school. When I leave the house at 6:40 a.m. I begin my daily adventures of driving from one side of Shreveport, to Bossier, to Shreveport, back to Bossier and then finally back to Shreveport begins. THe kids get dropped off at school and I head to school myself; depending on what day it is determines how long I am at school. When I get finished with my classes, I drive to have lunch with my husband (some-days this is the only time we get to see one another). After lunch I have about a hour to try to cram in as much homework before I have to get the kids from school. I get the kids at 2:30 and either take them to the house or take them to my husbands work, this all depends on what time I have to work or if my daughter has a soccer game. Then I am off to work for 3:45. Work is long, I usually get out of there around 10:00-11:00 p.m., depending on how busy we were. Then I finally get to go back home, which I haven't been to since early this morning.
This makes for a really long day and a really stressful one. I try to get everything done in such a little time. I have managed to get most of my homework done, I will admit that I have forgotten to do a few things in the last week and I am not happy about this.

Good news! Next weekend I will take a three day break! I am taking my kids to The Great Wolf Lodge. This considered  I will get some rest, but I am not sure about any homework that I will have. I am going to try to get everything done before we leave where I will not have to stress about it when I am trying to relax. Okay, I think that I have complained enough about how tired I am, but in the long run it will all be worth it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie! I have always wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge! Please let us know all about it! You certainly deserve some rest and relaxation. Are you taking the summer off from school?
    Maria Cimino

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yall enjoy the Great Wolf Lodge. My daughter and I have been twice and she loves it. Your kids will have a blast playing the scavenger game throughout the resort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me. I need a major vacation. At this point, I feel like I would be doing something if I just stayed in a hotel in Shreveport. Super depressing! One of my friends just took her family to The Great Wolf Lodge. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I know how you feel! I feel like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going out of town on Mar. 26 to visit my sisters in Houston; I'm going with a sister, my mom, and my aunt, so just guess how much work I'm going to get done? And I have several sets of papers coming in.

    Oh, well. Sometimes, you just have to take a break. Enjoy it.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the lodge! I wished that I didn't have to come back. I have been one busy bee since I got back, but I had a blast while I was gone. I will visit there again.

    ReplyDelete